We tend to celebrate the big victories and milestones in business and life such as birthdays, anniversaries, mergers and the accomplishment of our BHAGs.
None of these triumphs happen without mini-wins along the way.
- The book does not get published without days of sitting at a keyboard and committing to put words on pages. One day, one page is a mini-win.
- An anniversary does not get celebrated without the resolving of conflict. One disagreement ended with humor and a passionate make-up kiss is a mini-win.
- A kid does not celebrate a birthday without a few band-aids, pep-talks and time-outs throughout the year. One bedtime story bringing another day to a restful close is a mini-win.
- A team does not celebrate exceeding the sales goal without a lot of phone calls, presentations and role-plays. One deal moved forward is a mini-win.
- The pounds do not come off without exercise, proper nutrition and the resolve to lead a healthier life. One lean chicken breast sans glass of wine is a mini-win.
Sure, you can wait and celebrate the conquest when it’s complete. But it’s a helluva lot more fun if you stop along the way and recognize all the beautiful mini-wins that lead up to the victory.
Savor the mini-wins… they are your everyday life.